Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oktoberfest.



Have you ever woken up on a Sunday morning and thought "what the hell happened to Friday and Saturday?" Have you ever looked at your cell phone for clues, only to find that drunk you was smart enough to delete all evidence so you wouldn't have to look at it when you blacked back in? Have you ever got on an airplane, still drunk, and realized that it took you to Frankfurt instead of Copenhagen? Welcome to the best weekend of my life.

After four full days of recovery, I am finally ready to talk about Oktoberfest.

We got kicked off of this ferris wheel.
On Thursday night, I was reunited with my two best friends in the lobby of the Munich Marriott. On her way to give me my "welcome" hug, one of them tripped and fell on her face. I have never been happier to see anyone in my life. We proceeded to the hotel bar, where we convinced a Swedish man that A was an A-list movie star and we were her hair and makeup team. We were off to a good start. He did not buy us drinks (as we were hoping he would), but he did invite A to have a home cooked meal in Sweden while she is there shooting her (imaginary) movie next week. Not a total failure.

We woke up early on Friday so we could get to the tents before 9. I use the term "woke up" lightly, as I don't think any of the 8 girls we had shoved in 3 beds slept for more than an hour.  Cozy. Before we got into the cabs, I thought it would be a good idea to go to the ATM. Unfortunately, I did not quite understand the conversion rates. Did YOU know 400 Euro isn't the same as $400? It's seriously confusing.

So like, Do you work out?
Our Fan Club
There is no way to fully describe how amazing Oktoberfest truly is. It is like Disneyland for alcoholic adults. We walked into the tent, and 2000 German men started cheering for us. We found a table and ordered beers. Our waitress, who was wearing traditional Bavarian dress, immediately hated us. Nevertheless, she came back carrying 10 ENORMOUS beer mugs (four of which were smuggled home in our carry ons)-- the lady had talent. She also pinched us, yelled at us and blew a whistle in our faces for dancing on the tables. Bitch.

After getting sufficiently drunk, C. and I decided to go on the rides. Beer and roller coasters? Why would that not be a good combination? After spending $40 to go on three rides, all of which made us sick, we went to go find Pretzels. The biggest, most amazing pretzels in the world. Then we went to find our friends, and took a nap on the table. Everything from that point on is a blacked out blur (it ruled!).
Vomz
Nomz

No one even looked twice.

All of a sudden, it was 10pm and A. and I realized we had been at Oktoberfest for 13 hours and had no idea where our friends were. Apparently, they had left after our nap-- 5 hours before we realized they were gone. One girl got COMPLETELY lost, ended up at the wrong hotel and sent $400 worth of text messages from C.'s phone. Another girl met a boy and spent the rest of the day on a date. They went on rides together and went out to a four course meal. The pictures are unreal. A. and I somehow made it home, which proved to be a challenge considering we had to walk up a large hill (which we had earlier taken a nap on-- we thought we were in The Sound of Music) and both kept falling and rolling down to the bottom. We got home, went to bed, woke up and did it all again.

Go big or Go Home. Cheerz Bitchez.

Day 2, we switched to lemonade beers. We all only blacked out once that day, not twice.

There is no way to fully describe how amazing the weekend was, mainly because I am trying to get a job after I graduate. If you are ever given the opportunity to go to Oktoberfest, take it. I plan to go back for my bachelorette party. I would also like to take this opportunity to say a sincere "thank you" to the Professional Business Fraternity in which I am a brother. Without the skills I learned during pledging, there is no chance in hell I would have survived this weekend. Or been able to successfully chug a beer with 10,000 German people cheering for me.
#fratstars


No comments:

Post a Comment